Arrested Youth, aka upstate NY-via-LA singer-songwriter Ian Johnson, has announced he will support Twenty One Pilots on their Takeover Tour this fall.
After recently completing a headline tour in support of his debut studio album, Nonfiction, released in June via Lowly/Big Noise, Johnson has hit the road again, opening for Twenty One Pilots in Denver, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
Johnson says of his latest album:
“These are songs about where I was at in my life and what I was going through. I’m here to tell my story, for better or worse. Writing this album has helped put a lot of things into perspective for me, and I hope it can do the same for others.”
The Takeover Tour is presented in a residency-style format that includes multiple nights in one city, with shows at a different venue each night. Johnson is performing at some of the tour’s biggest venues: Denver’s Ball Arena, The Forum in Los Angeles, and the United Center in Chicago.
Check out Arrested Youth’s “Find My Own Way” featuring blink-182’s Mark Hoppus below, and pick up Nonfiction here.
Twenty One Pilots Takeover Tour Dates Featuring Arrested Youth:
- September 25 – Ball Arena – Denver, Colorado
- September 29 – The Wiltern – Los Angeles, California
- September 30 -The Greek Theatre – Los Angeles, California
- October 2 – The Forum – Los Angeles, California
- October 13 – House of Blues – Chicago, Illinois
- October 14 – Byline Bank Aragon Ballroom – Chicago, Illinois
- October 16 – United Center – Chicago, Illinois
Images courtesy of Arrested Youth.